The holiday festivities have come and gone, and in their place has arrived the stress of preparing for tax season. Here are a few ways to alleviate that stress, by implementing an at-home yoga practice:
- Get comfortable. Set up your own space in your home to practice yoga.
- Get all of the necessary accessories to begin. You don’t need all of the latest and greatest items to have a successful practice. A towel can replace a yoga mat, and a few books can replace a yoga block.
- Be aware of your body’s needs and limits.
- Find the practice style that works for you. There are so many possibilities, and it all comes down to what your body wants and what you want to get out of the practice.
- Relax and reflect during Savasana. This is your time to give yourself a pat on the back for all of your hard work. Taking time out of your busy day to breathe deep and be present with yourself is very important, and deserves some celebration.
- Finally, set some realistic goals for yourself and stick to them. Whether it is a commitment to a 10 minute practice, or an hour practice, yoga should be something that you look forward to whenever you come to the mat. Your body and mind will thank you in the long run.